Saturday, January 17, 2009

Education is Power

I really like this teaching thing. On Friday I taught that person's class again because it happens twice a week and the person was sick. The students really are interested to learn unlike the classes I am teaching, I think it is due to the fact that these are actually computer engineering students vs the others who are everything but computer students. I have never known students to actually want to be taught and that is refreshing. They asked me to keep the lab open a little bit after class so I did and they asked me if I was there teacher, sadly I am not, and if I would be teaching them any other subject (this year I am not).

On another note, I am a little frustrated at the class scheduling situation here so we are going to try and create a scheduler program here at the institute using PHP and MySQL..when something is broke instead of complaining you should see a way to fix it..so that is what we are going to do..or at least I will try to do. Teachers only teach one or two classes a week leaving their time to do other things..this is one project I will undertake. And another one I was thinking about last night was to take over the school website and make a webpage club to teach students who are interested how to make a webpage and then get them to update the school website. This is just an idea right now it will probably come to fruitation in a few weeks when I am ready, I was inspired by the fact that these students actually want to learn. And of course everyone is interested in the web. Another thing I hope to do is get more females involved with running and engineering..of course that is going to take a bit of time. Maybe create a SWE like thing here? We'll see. I am probably too ambitious..but ambition is good it leads way to new ideas sometimes.