Monday, April 12, 2010

Wow...6 months

Time has flown by fast with almost 6 months left here for me. Lots of happened. We had some protests at school which everyone was sent home for 3 weeks to come back so that they can take finals. The management was trying to punish students by doing this but I think they have punished us teachers (well the ones that care if the students learn) as well because we don't get to finish the syllabus for the students to actually learn something. And also 40% of their grade comes from homework, etc...I don't think the students did enough assignments to properly assess a 40% grade. No clue why they sent students home just for not showing up to class one day (that was it for the protest, no violence).

Plans for after going home are to travel around South India and finally hit my last continent Austrailia. Hope to hike the Overland Trek while I am there...and maybe enjoy New Years Eve in Sydney..it all depends on when I get there.

So by the end of this month I should be done with my last full semester teaching here. It's kinda scary and sad...I do love this place but it will be nice to go home..