Saturday, April 17, 2010

Problem Solving..Engineering Style

Today we had a meeting about how to give an exam. It was hilarious as people came up with every situation and tried to talk about it. This is what happens in a room full of engineers. Nothing ever gets accomplished because every situation is logically thought of and each situation demands an answer. I was thinking about programming and how when we program we need to consider all cases. The only bad part is the meeting then goes on forever like a very complex program.

And this got me thinking about myself-I wish I wasn't so logical sometimes..maybe then I could just live life instead of analyzing everything.

But the best part of this meeting was when in typical style they asked for payment for giving an exam. Here in TZ teachers get payment for extra things liking giving final exams and marking papers..but that is the culture here, though they are trying to get away from it.