Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mungu akipenda...if God wishes...

Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with Tanzania or Peace Corps; I am very happy here.

I don’t know why things happen the way they do- they just do. But I know somehow, somewhere they play a part in the grand scheme of life. Sometimes events change the course of your life, like the winter wind affecting a snowflake in the sky. Right now, I am that snowflake. The wind has changed what I am going to do with my life; it has made that decision for me-I just have to follow through, whatever that means. At this moment, I am thinking about the Robert Frost poem, “two roads diverged in the woods”, yet of course in this instance I am not taking the path, but instead I am forced to take this path by events that I cannot control. I hope this is all part of some master plan that gets even better as life goes on, because right now I am feeling the opposite of happy. I know I am definitely learning a lesson from this event, maybe I am a stronger person now because of it and it might help me in my quest to do extraordinary things. The path is vaguely clear, however; the event took all stability out of my life and has forced me to take some risks. And hopefully these risks will, as Frost states, make all the difference.