Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration

So yesterday I watched the inauguration with other TZs. It was nice that my neighbor actually called me to remind me about it. We watched it live on CNN (most of the people around me have satellite dishes). Some interesting questions were asked about him..mostly involving his race and about what does the word black mean in America. Some questions I did not know how to answer, but it is interesting to known an African perspective or two about the meaning of race. Besides that it was awesome to see his speech..he really does speak well. And his point on making harmony with other countries instead of trying to change them really hits home..especially being in the Peace Corps we are not trying to change cultures but trying to work with them. And that is what America can do in order to work effectively with other countries in this world.