Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A-Town and Iringa

I visited Arusha before my climb and I stayed at Ujamaa Hostel near Fire Road. I totally recommend staying there, it is very homey and the people are awesome. In Arusha a good pizza place is Albero's- they had a wood fired oven. And Meat King has cheese and also sells Pesto. There was also some good veggie samosas at a Raha's veggie snacks place in Arusha. I took the Hood bus from Mbeya to Arusha to arrive at 2 AM in A-Town...it was a long journey so on the way back I stopped over in Iringa. I stayed at VETA in Iringa which has nice rooms for cheap and then went over to Neema Crafts for good food- veggie lasagna and passion fruit ice cream and some stuff to bring back home in Dec. Also got some quilted kitenge bags aka Iringa bags for 5000 TSH each. :) Iringa and Arusha has some good dairy yogurt products.