Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We're off...

So the moment we have all been waiting for is finally here. I will be going to Tanzania for 27 months. I have been at staging at Philly the past couple of days which has been nicely put together. It was basically sessions on development, culture, and other aspects to prepare us for our service- pretty deep and interesting discussions and topics. The group is amazing and all of us seem to have pretty common goals. We are all math, science, and engineering majors and will be teaching either IT, math, or science to secondary school students in Tanzania. We are supposed to get a vaccination and then we are off to JFK for our flight to Tanzania. I will be in Dar es Salaam for a few days, followed by Morogoro for a few days before beginning my official training. Please call my cell before 5 PM today EST if you would like to talk, otherwise see you in two years.

I may not have email contact the first two weeks or so. PC told us to tell everyone "no news is good news". Please don't get worried. I will be safe.