Saturday, May 23, 2009

Love is in the Air

Spring is a time for love and same with summer..but alas it is not spring nor summer here but almost winter. How I forget that! It is funny when talking with Tanzanians I reference June, July and August as summer and they look at me strange, then I realize my mistake..ha ha. :) It is winter here! It is getting cold!! And coming home to the States in December I will be missing a part of summer here and heading to winter again. :(
On a brighter note...the girls conference planning is going well..we just got our conference uniforms..periwinkle blue! :)
I just started teaching a short course to fellow teachers about basic applications hoping to get them to start grading their final grades using an Excel spreadsheet. And of course creating webpages, creating lectures using PowerPoint, learning Matlab, and typing faster. :)
And I realize how much the sound of our voice is due to the language we speak..the tone the inflection..I try to sound Tanzanian..but I still sound American. :)