Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

So we sorta celebrated Halloween. I definitely didn't get into the spirit as I usually do..I do miss carving pumpkins. A few others made interesting costumes using their creativitiy. Some interesting observations here: The word tako means butt..so we can't say we eat tacos..otherwise we get people laughing at us. Also it's really interesting the amount of used clothing you see here. I see Michigan t-shirts on people who have no idea what Michigan is. :)

Next week we get to visit local NGO's that will be fun! I signed up to visit a NGO that focuses on teaching children about health issues using traditional methods like song and dance. I am pretty excited to visit.

This weekend people from my group came over and we made American food. Like guacamole, pico de gallo, chips, pizza (5 types including roasted garlic and eggplant), and real chocolate chip cookies! Apparently you can make chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar they came out alright...a little moist. The sugar here in TZ is similar to the Sugar in the Raw in the States. 2 more weeks till we find out where we'll be in Tanzania for the rest of our 2 years!