Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bachelor's Degree

It feels good to be teaching bachelor degree students. They are definitely more motivated and interested in the topic and I like it alot! I am teaching them C programming right now, and will be teaching them C++ or Java in September. Other than that, this week consisted of trying to get the Windows NT Server to act as a router and then also helping out with some JavaScript menus on the institute's website (it is definitely going to be a change compared to the old one).

Next week is May Moisi festival (TZ's Labour Day on May 1st)and will be celebrated at a local stadium in Mbeya mjini (town/city), so we are busy at the institute preparing for that. And we are going to plan more on the girl's conference this coming weekend. I plan to climb Kilimanjaro the end of September and beginning of October using the Lemosho route using Duma Explorer as the tourguide (reaching the summit during a full moon). Hope to make it to the top..we'll see. And I have formally submitted my vacation for Zambia so I am definitely going in the beginning of August.

I am currently looking at my future after I get back..some possible choices: becoming a teacher (getting a teaching certificate), getting a PhD in Engineering and Public Policy, or getting an MBA. I want to focus on international development in regards to education or engineering. Or using engineering to help educate..something along those lines..of course doing this by using computers. I realize that I like the academic environment because I have always loved learning something new, when I am in this type of environment I feel excited. Anyways..that is just what is in my head for now. I don't think it will change too much.